More and more people are recognising the importance of taking supplements to boost their health, yet there are still some that are still sceptical. If you fall into the latter category, read on to discover the many reasons why you should take nutritional supplements.
- Reduce the risk of certain conditions – There are many supplements, such as green tea supplements, which have been proven to aid or prevent certain conditions, for example, cancer, birth defects, arthritis, and high cholesterol.
- A lot of vegetables and fruit are genetically bred – When you walk into a supermarket, it is likely that the fruit and vegetables on display have been genetically bred in order to boost crop yields and visual appeal. This results in lesser nutritional value, which is why you are advised to supplement this with food supplements. Moreover, the compounds added, including the likes of flavouring, colouring, saccharine, and MSG, mean that your body needs more nutrients in order to cope with these damaging synthetic derivatives.
- Depletion of vitamins because of storage – The all-important C vitamins and B-complex vitamins are depleted when food is stored for long periods of time and shipped long distances, which is often the case.
- As you get older, your ability to absorb nutrients decreases – This highlights why you need to take vitamin supplements no matter what age you are.
- Nutrient depletion in soil – You also need to consider the fact that essential nutrients in soil deplete because of modern farming techniques that use fertilisers. Thus, you probably aren’t getting as much nutrition from fruit and vegetables as you think.
When you take the points that have been mentioned above into consideration, it is not difficult to see why you should take supplements to ensure your body is getting all of the goodness it needs. Live a happy and healthy life!